Cover for your cute canine
Why choose Sainsbury's B@nk ?
- Flexible insurance options to cover your pets at home and abroad
- We’ll double the Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping and fuel** plus an extra discount on your insurance just for being a Nectar member*
- Online portal to manage your policy
- 24/7 helpline for professional veterinary advice with Vet Assistance
- £1 discount per pet per month on multi-pet policies†
See Terms & Conditions for full offer details.Get a quote Get a quote
Pick your cover
Why buy ?
Pets can get into all sorts of scrapes and suffer from sudden illnesses. Our is here to help you pay vet fees that can quickly mount up. It also gives you the peace of mind of knowing you can afford great care and treatment for your pet, even if you’re abroad.
If your pet goes missing, we can help pay for the adverts and rewards needed to get them back quickly and safely. We can even reimburse you (up to your policy limit) if you’ve got to cancel a holiday because your pet disappears before you travel.
You can take out a new policy for your pet as soon as they’re eight weeks old. We’ll also welcome cats until their tenth birthday and most dogs until their eighth birthday. For some special dog breeds, the age limit for a new policy is their fifth birthday. But don’t worry, if you’ve already insured your pet with us before these milestones, cover can continue as they get older.
As you will probably know, all insurance policies have restrictions. To find out more about our terms and conditions, exclusions and excesses, please review our policy document.
Which is right for you?
It is important to consider when any claim will be paid. We pay 97% of claims in five working days, letting you focus on looking after your pet.^
We have a range of different insurance options – so pick the one that’s right for you and only pay for the cover you need.
We’re sorry but we can’t cover the cost of treatment for any pre-existing conditions or illnesses that occur or show symptoms within 14 days of the policy start date. We also can't cover the cost of treatment for poisoning or accidents occurring within three days of the policy start date.Learn more
Helpful pet guides
We love pets as much as you do. Our handy guides give step-by-step help on everything from vaccinations and microchipping to training and animal wellbeing.
To find out more about , our FAQs are a great place to start. They’ve got loads of information on everything from making a claim to finding a vet. They’ll help you decide on the cover that’s right for you and your pet, and explain how to buy and manage your policy.Get an answer
Already got with us?
If you need to check or change your policy or make a claim – it’s all in customer support.Manage your policy
Ready to insure your pet today?
Let’s get the right cover in place for your pet and find a policy that lets you relax knowing they’ll be covered for treatment if and when they need it. Use the button to get started now.Get a quote
Need to talk to us?
Find the details you need in our FAQs.
^ Based on claims paid in 2018 by Pinnacle Insurance plc.
* For more information on how we use your data, go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/privacy.
* Guaranteed discount for Nectar card holders: The discount is based on information related to you and the transactions you've made with Sainsbury's supermarkets and Sainsbury's B@nk using your Nectar card. For more information go to sainsburysbank.co.uk/nectar.
** Double Nectar points
1) Only available to customers buying a new Sainsbury's B@nk policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply; and scan or swipe that card, or input your card number, with each Sainsbury’s purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy's cover start date. If you don't tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s B@nk (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you'll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
† Multi-pet discount is a minimum of £24 when insuring more than one pet as this is worked out at £1 per pet per month for each pet on a policy. Pets can have different cover levels. Discount deducted separately from any other offer.
Sainsbury's B@nk plc, Registered Office, 33 Holborn, London EC1N 2HT (registered in England and Wales, no. 3279730) is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register no. 184514). Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd is an appointed representative of Sainsbury's B@nk plc.
Sainsbury's B@nk plc acts as an introducer to Pinnacle Insurance plc who is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (register number 110866). Registered Office: Pinnacle House, A1 Barnet Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 2XX. Sainsbury’s B@nk plc and Pinnacle Insurance plc are not part of the same corporate group.