Nectar is one of the UK's most popular loyalty programmes - and it's free. If you’re a Nectar member, you’ll be rewarded with Nectar points when you spend at Nectar partners including Sainsbury’s stores and petrol stations. Want to know more? Take a look at our Nectar FAQs.
How much more could you collect?
Work out just how many Nectar points you could collect in a year when you take out a qualifying Sainsbury’s B@nk product (or two, or three, or more!) by using our Nectar points calculator.
Yearly points collected from:
Swiping or scanning your Nectar card 0
Paying with a Sainsbury's B@nk credit card 0
Having a qualifying Sainsbury’s insurance product 0
Total yearly points
Terms and conditions
*If you are an existing credit card customer and took out your card before 6 October 2009, your card may not qualify for this Nectar offer, and this calculation may not be an accurate representation.
†Double Nectar points offer
1) Offer available to customers buying a new car insurance, home insurance, , annual , , decreasing or over 50s policy.
2) You need to tell us your Nectar card number when you apply, and use this card with each Sainsbury's purchase.
3) Double points begin on your policy’s cover start date. If you don’t tell us your Nectar card number until after your cover start date, double points will begin on the date you tell us.
4) Double points stop when the policy is cancelled or you stop paying premiums.
5) Each Nectar account can only collect points from one car, one home, one pet, one travel and one policy.
6) It’s only the base points you collect at Sainsbury’s that are doubled. Bonus points won’t be doubled, nor will any points from Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s B@nk (including travel money purchases), Sainsbury’s Energy or any other Sainsbury’s service.
7) By the 10th of each month, you’ll get a bonus point award equal to the total of your qualifying points during the previous month, up to a maximum of 20,000 points.
8) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd award the points from this offer. No cash alternative is available.
9) We reserve the right to change or cancel this offer without notice.
Sainsbury’s B@nk Credit Card Nectar points conditions
2 Nectar points are collected on each full £1 of each separate shopping or fuel transaction at Sainsbury’s when you use your Sainsbury’s B@nk Credit Card. Excludes Argos, Habitat, Sainsbury’s B@nk, Sainsbury’s Energy and all other Sainsbury’s services which will be treated as non-Sainsbury’s purchases. For non-Sainsbury’s purchases, 1 Nectar point is collected on each full £5 of each separate transaction. Travel Money purchases are not eligible for points. Nectar points are awarded to you by Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd and Sainsbury’s B@nk plc, who reserve the right to alter or terminate the offer at any time. Please allow up to 60 days from your credit card statement date for the points to be credited to your Nectar account.